The carousel first became associated with Sunbeam in a TV ad from the 1940’s! Apparently you needed the energy in Sunbeam bread in order to ride a carousel back then. These floats toured around in the 50’s and 60’s.
The field in front of the Auditorium was know as the Treehouse Field. The name came from the treehouse that was once located there. The treehouse was removed in the early 80’s, but the name of the field remained the same.
Thanks to Jon Fine for providing a number of camp slides as well as some Super-8 movies which will soon be available on the site.
Posts featuring Jon’s contributions will be tagged jonfine.
This material would not have been located without the efforts of David Morrison.
Upon learning that the camp slides were lost when the camp closed, David made a number of inquiries to determine whether anything remained. He learned that Jon had saved Bert’s personal slides and movies. Included in this material were an assortment of camp slides. Unfortunately, many of these duplicate the content of the slides already on the site and those still to be posted. However some present new material. These are being scanned and restored and will be posted in the near future.
Some of the movies also pertain to the camp. These are currently being reviewed and will be digitized and posted as well. The movies are definitely the greatest find of all. A complete documentary “day at camp” film from the mid-60’s is the highlight.
The material obtained from Jon would appear to be the very last in existence. David received confirmation that everything else was disposed of when the camp closed.