My collection of artefacts includes the following:
- ~ 400 colour slides (scanned) spanning the years 1958 – 1992. These were in my possession in 1993 when the rest were disposed of;
- ~ 500 colour and 40 B&W photos (scanned);
- ~ 15 super-8 movies (silent, colour), transferred to digital files;
- ~ 40 B&W negatives (scanned) from 1982;
- ~ 25 2 1/4″ colour negatives (scanned) from a promotional shoot in 1984
- A photo album of B&W photos (scanned) showing the construction of the T-Pool;
- ~ 12 VHS Tapes spanning the years 1982 – 1992, including a complete promotional tape (transferred to digital files).
Original Documents – spanning the years 1957 – 1992
- Original copies of each camp brochure;
- Country Club brochure;
- Enrolment Forms;
- Program Forms (Nurse, Requisition, Accident, etc.)
- Daily & Special Day Schedules;
- Parent Information Booklets;
- Health Cards;
- Counsellor Training Manuals;
- Swim Awards & Patches;
- Camper Birthday Cards;
- Staff Recruitment Materials
- Business Cards (Bert, Jennifer, Jay);
- Staff Lists: 1967, 1982-1990;
- Newspaper Clippings – Articles, Advertising, etc.
- Bert’s notes on designing various buildings.
- Building & Pool Designs and Blueprints;
- Construction Quotes & Invoices.
- Construction Photos;
- Newspaper Ads (1956-1990)
- Forest Valley “Swatch” Watch;
- Logo Penknife;
- Logo Key-ring;
- 25th Anniversary Pen;
- Fridge Magnets;
- Large & Small Staff Binders;
- Country Club Member Decal;
- Several camper bags and backpacks (some new);
- Several camper t-shirts;
- A camper visor.
Other Physical Artefacts
- Staff clothing from 1983 – 1992, including t-shirts, sweatshirts, caps (some new);
- A wooden camper bench;
- Several letter and number bus signs from the late 1980s;
- Three magnetic vehicle signs “Forest Valley Day Camp”;
- Several name buttons;
- Stationary & Envelopes (1980s);
- Stop signs used on the hill.
- Original crafts from Photography and Pottery;
- The steering wheel notepad from Bert’s golf cart;
- The EZ-GO nameplate from Jen’s golf cart;
- 4 Locker Baskets;
- One shuffleboard disc;
- Complete set of camp keys.
Click the link below to see many of these artefacts: